Tabor Heights United Methodist Church will be hosting several families this fall.
Our next week is May 14-21. There are several volunteer opportunities. These include set-up and preparation, preparing meals for guests, hosting during arrival and evening meal, overnight hosting, and cleaning up at the end of the week. Please contact the church office to learn more and how to participate.
To learn more about Family Promise in this area, please see their website:
The Raphael House is an emergency shelter for those suffering domestic abuse.
Raphael House, 4110 S.E. Hawthorne Blvd. 503-222-6507.
24-hour hot line 503 222 6227.
They are holding a no contact drop-off event in Tabor Heights parking lot on Thursday mornings. Asking for clothing, feminine hygiene, laundry detergent, shampoo and conditioner.
Please bring donations to the church during Sunday services year around. This month, Snowcap particularly needs baby formula, baby food, and gently used children’s clothes.
Snowcap at17788 S.E. Pine. Telephone: 503 674 8785.
Other ways to support Snowcap:
- Bring items to SnowCap’s donation center – 17788 SE Pine St, 97233 Monday-Friday 9am-3pm
- Purchase directly from our Amazon Wish List that will be updated as new needs arise – Click here now.
- Visit our secure donation page here to send a contribution that will be used to bulk-purchase needed items and support our programs this season. You don’t even have to leave the house!
United Methodist and others wishing to provide humanitarian assistance to the Ukrainian people in the wake of the Russian invasion of their country may contribute to Advance #982450, UMCOR International Disaster Response and Recovery. This fund will provide direct assistance to those in Ukraine as well as assistance to Ukrainians fleeing to neighboring countries.
Gifts to support the people of Ukraine can be made in the following ways:
- Online at https://umcmission.org/advance-project/982450
- By toll-free telephone: 888-252-6174
- By check, with “Advance #982450-Ukraine” written on the memo line, either mailed to Global Ministries/UMCOR, GPO, P.O. Box 9068, New York, NY, 10087-9068 or given through any United Methodist church.
One hundred percent of all Advance contributions go to the designated cause. The United Methodist community in Ukraine, though quite small, is actively engaged in assisting neighbors in need. Global Ministries is in touch with the church’s leadership as well as with church leaders in countries welcoming those who are fleeing from violence in Ukraine.